Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who was photographed aged 17 with Prince Andrew’s arm around her waist, claimed in 2015 that she had been recruited as a “sex slave” by Epstein and forced to have sex with the prince in London, New York and on Epstein’s private atoll in the US Virgin Islands.However despite possible information sharing between US and French authorities, the force confirmed this morning that it stands by its original decision and will not investigate his links to alleged crimes committed in the UK capital.Following the publication of the Duke of York’s personal statement, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “We acknowledge the considerable interest and concern around this case and have revisited that decision making and believe it remains entirely appropriate. “Therefore no further action is being taken. The Met will always take seriously any allegation concerning sexual exploitation.” The Metropolitan Police has previously received an allegation of non-recent trafficking for sexual exploitation but had closed the matter after deciding that the case would not progress to a full investigation. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. Prince Andrew has said on August 18, 2019 he was “appalled” by allegations of sexual abuse surrounding Jeffrey Epstein after a video was released purporting to show him at the home of the convicted paedophile in 2010.Credit:./AFP David Greenwood, head of the Child Abuse department at Switalskis Solicitors, said. “If he has nothing to hide he should help the police in the UK and US with their inquiries.” The Prime Minister Boris Johnson refused to comment on Prince Andrew’s statement about his relationship with Epstein, telling the BBC earlier today: “I don’t want to get into commentary about royal matters, it’s not my job”.The lack of commentary has prompted fresh calls from lawyers specialising in child abuse for Prince Andrew to assist in US authorities with their investigation. Richard Scorer specialist abuse Lawyer at Slater & Gordon added: “I would urge Prince Andrew to provide full and speedy cooperation to the authorities and tell them everything he knows without any delay.” In his statement, the Duke of York, 59, said he met Epstein in 1999 and “saw him infrequently and probably no more than only once or twice a year”, but acknowledges that he “stayed in a number of his residences”.Earlier this week, a video emerged of Prince Andrew inside the convicted paedophile’s New York mansion reportedly in December 2010.This was after Epstein had admitted prostitution charges relating to an underage girl in 2008. However he struck a The financier struck a plea deal and served an 18-month sting in prison. Detectives have revealed they have “revisited” the decision not to investigate Epstein’s London links but say their choice “remains entirely appropriate”.This comes following an unprecedented personal statement issued by Prince Andrew over the weekend regarding his relationship with the convicted paedophile saying he did not “see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction”.The Duke of York has been under increased scrutiny regarding his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier, after he committed suicide earlier this month while in US custody awaiting trial for alleged sex trafficking.After Buckingham Palace released a brief statement earlier this week, the Duke of York released his own comments, adding that he “would not condone, participate in, or encourage any such behaviour” linked to the allegations surrounding his friend.It was reported over the weekend that the prince could be summoned to Paris to assist French prosecutors in their investigation into sexual abuse and rape by Epstein. The businessman owned an apartment – which featured photographs of naked women on the walls – in the French capital.